Friday, December 19, 2008

Flashback Friday: Our First Apartment

I remember cooking dinner, and peeking out the window so I could see exactly when he'd arrive in order to have the meal presented perfectly.

I remember floor neighbors abandoning laundry in the washing machines down the hall.


I remember hearing kids through the walls, and trying to imagine my future including such sounds.


I remember him pushing me on the swings down the path near our building.


I remember taking a picture of the crack on the toilet tank on the day we moved in, so that we couldn't be blamed for it when we left.


It was nearly 10 years ago.


We were just married.

We were 21 and still in college, and so we painted one wall purple and strung up chili pepper lights. We had 2 pictures to hang on the walls, borrowed furniture, and lots of energy and excitement and love.

It was here that we learned about building a home, and sharing space. It was here that I learned about socks left willy-nilly around the place, and where he learned about shower drains clogged with hair.


Where we both learned how glad we were to be embarking on this journey together.



It's wonderful how some things never change. We're in a new home now, but it's all still here...we still have the excitement, love, hope, and of course the socks and the clogged drain.




1 comment:

Joany said...

Yes! I'm getting all nostalgic now too.