Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Picnic

Yesterday it was so sunny and warm. In the 60s! So I packed a picnic and we headed out. Picnics are one of my favorite things. This particular picnic spot will look very different later in the summer. First we park the car and walk 20 minutes to the fish pond.



The ground was pretty wet so I kept her in her stroller.

It was a challenge to pack our basket because we were almost completely out of food at home. I had to scrounge around and ended up making some fish sticks and bringing along some fruit and crackers.



It felt a little funny to be eating fish sticks while feeding the fish some animal crackers...


But the fish loved it, and dozens swam up to see what was happening.



Then we looked for frogs. There were so many baby frogs resting on the edge of the pond, but whenever we got near they would hop in. We were just not sneaky enough. I think the frog in the picture below is very hard to find. He's near the very center of the picture.


Then we walked over to the nearby fountain. It was still off for the winter, which provided a fun opportunity to search for pennies.



/We found 6, and if that isn't a treasure I don't know what is.



Well, rocks, those are a treasure too.

Then we got a little goofy.


On the walk back to the car, Bee found several squirrels and enjoyed chasing them.


It was a good first-picnic-of-spring. The next one will be dryer and sunnier and greener. All good things in my book, and so I am looking forward to it!


.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Spring is wonderful! Nice pictures of your lovely babies.

Corinne said...

Picnics are a beautiful thought right now, I can't wait to start going on them this year!

Love your adventures, especially the silly pictures!