Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lora Loves: Crumpets

A few months back I discovered a new food. I was just standing there, considering my cream cheese options, and looked down and noticed a package of crumpets. I had heard of them before, probably in a book, and felt they sounded very high tea-ish. So I snatched the package up.




I don't toast mine, I prefer it soft and sort of chewy. I put 2 on a plate and microwave them for 30 seconds or so.


Then I put butter on them, and let it melt down into all the little holes. Aaaah, butter.



Speaking of the holes, that is my favorite part about these crumpets. It makes a neat texture, and when you cut off a bite, it looks like little vertical posts inside.



So there you have it. Crumpets are delicious and delightful, and you should go get some.


.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Intriguing...don't think any stores around here sell them though. I'll have to keep an eye out. Much cheaper than the Dyson you had me wanting last week, at least. :)

Lora said...

You made me laugh, Carol. Yes, I think they are about $2 for the package of 6. I found these at Kroger, in the refrigerator section near the cream cheese and pillsbury rolls. I hope you can find them! I just had some, yum!

Carol said...

I will totally hunt these down next time I'm near a Kroger. :)