Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Zoo Post: The Back Of The Head Edition


Here's how excited we were to be back. Look at the beautiful gap in that smile!



First we stopped at the Gardens to visit the butterflies. One landed on Bee's belly.


She was enthralled with this huge one.



Next we went through the Oceans area. We watched some rays and jellyfish. Then came shark petting, which is always a huge hit.







After that, we arrived at the penguins just in time to watch them eat. I cannot believe how such tiny penguins can swallow such huge fish.



Back outside, we played at the playground and then decided to cool off at the water park area.











Next up were the giraffes. I love giraffes. They are so elegant.






Rhinos were next.



For 3 years I've been a member of the zoo. I've never been able to get to the elephant bath in time to see it. Possibly because it's in the morning at the far end of the zoo. But yesterday we finally made it!


The kids waited patiently.



It was really amazing to be so close to an elephant.








We saw some lions, baboons, and Alaskan brown bears.


But one of this kid's favorites is still the goats. I think he likes the hands-on aspect. He adores the chickens too, but I didn't get a picture of that this time.



We had time for one more thing, and so we went to the underwater dolphin dome. The kids really had fun there, it's such a special place to be. Surrounded by water, but not in water. Like a cave, but with dolphins swimming around your head.



There was lots of loving going on in the dolphin dome.


Oh yes, quite a lot!






.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You and your children are just lovingly gorgeous! Honestly. Beauty in every face.
What a fun day and thank-you for sharing those pictures and that little video of love.
And how are you feeling? Did they figure anything out or do you still just have the unexplained symptoms?

Bev Johnston said...

I love our zoo too!!! You're kiddos are just too cute!

Lora said...

I can't believe I forgot to respond to this until now. Sorry about that. Ms. Moon, they found that my liver enzymes were high. They did more tests, and it's not mono nor hepatitis. So it's probably just a tenacious virus. They want to check my enzymes again this week, to make sure they're going down and not up, if they're going up I will be put on an antiviral med. I've been feeling better these past several days. My fever is sometimes gone, sometimes nearing 100. I'm certainly better and feeling thankful for that.