Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jenn's Wedding

I have been a blog slacker this week. But I've had a good reason. Yesterday I was a bridesmaid in the wedding of a very dear, lifelong friend.


It was a beautiful ceremony, and I managed not to trip.


The reception was beautiful. Cocktail hour included sushi, which pleased us immensely. So much so that we couldn't eat all of our dinner, even though dinner was delicious as well.




My husband snapped this picture of the bride and me. The pearls were a gift from her. She got them on her trip to China last year. Hand-knotted, and beautiful.


They weren't going to cut the cake until 9:00, and my mother-in-law had agreed to watch the kids until 8:30. Plus, as a nursing mama who hadn't nursed her baby in almost 10 hours, I really needed to get home. So we left early, and that's okay. I would have loved to taste the cake though, it was green.


The wedding was very sweet, with many personal touches and small details. We brought home a bag of candy from the reception for the kids. They were thrilled to see us in our fancy clothes, and my son asked me to dance. Then he asked me to marry him, and for his mamaw to be the bridesmaid. It was all very cute.





.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You looked as beautiful and sweet as any cake.
I get such a serene feeling, reading your words, even the ones about busy-ness.

Susanne said...

Okay, so I have to be honest. I am extremely jealous. You look beautiful. I hate that I'm not close to Jenn anymore. It makes me sad when I see everything regarding her wedding and knowing I wasn't invited. I'm glad the two of you are still close. I'm sure the wedding was beautiful.

Lora said...

Thank you Ms. Moon! I even looked sort of like the cake, in that dress. They matched.

Susanne, I'm sorry you are feeling sad. If you want to be close to Jenn again, I would suggest you follow your heart and pursue that. I don't know how it will turn out, but it could lead where you want it to lead.

Myssie said...

Lora! You looked beautiful!!

Lora said...

Thanks Myssie! It was nice to have a day to feel like a lady.