Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lora Loves: The Bloop Of Peeling A Tomato

Peeling tomatoes is really fun!


First, Dad brings me a huge sack of them from his garden. I'm very lucky that way.


Then I boil them in a big pot.


Not one at a time, I put a bunch in there. This just happened to be the last one I took out.


Next comes the best part. After the tomato has cooled for a few minutes, you pinch the skin a little, and the whole skin just bloops right off, and the tomato plops onto the counter.


It's a satisfying feeling.


You're left with a pile of skins.



You're also left with a counter full of naked tomatoes, full of the promise of sauces to come.



I turned these tomatoes into a delicious dish with fresh corn, beans, onion, garlic, salt, and cilantro. We ate it over pasta. I still have quite a few tomatoes left. I get to bloop another day!


.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I, too, love peeling tomatoes that way. Your dad sure knows how to grow tomatoes!