Sunday, September 13, 2009

Small Things


I sure am a lucky duck!


We had quite a lovely weekend. It all started on Friday when my cousin came to visit, with her 3 month old daughter. We had a picnic (of course) at the pond and then came back to my house to talk and talk and talk. She is such an attentive and caring mama.


My baby loved her baby.


Saturday we worked on a project in the backyard.


.


Later that night we went to a party at a friend's cabin. It was an awesome time. So many people, so much food, and nature all around us. My guy took pictures, I sat in a chair and talked with some gals, My daughter got really dirty, and my son went down the slide backwards.



Today my guy made some laundry soap. I love his soap. It smells just right and works great. Here is what it looks like. It's kind of like a gel.









.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

And I love seeing pictures of your family and hearing reports. Y'all are just stunningly beautiful.

Corinne said...

It all sounds wonderful :) I love the last picture!! We've tried to get Paige to eat corn on the cob, but she doesn't have much interest...

amp said...

Love to read your blog! I need to do that, but I don't. So how does your guy make the laundry soap? Does it save you money or does he just like to make it? If he doesn't mind I would like to have his recipe for it. You can e-mail it to me if you want.

Lora said...

Thanks Ms. Moon and Corinne! It makes for interesting diaper changes...

Montica, I'll email you the recipe!

Joany said...

Awwww..... thanks Lora! We had a great time with you!

Joany said...

Ooooh, I'd like the recipe too.