Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

My girl dressed as a candy corn, and my boy was a wicked witch. He didn't wear his hat, because it kept blowing off. His face is painted green, but it's hard to tell in this picture.



Our first stop was our neighbor's house. My daughter didn't really understand what was going on, but she sure understood candy. The universal language.




The sweetness of this picture just breaks my heart:


A couple times in the past few weeks, my son has mentioned the Charlie Brown Halloween special, The Great Pumpkin. He would laugh out loud every time he thought about how Charlie Brown would say, "I got a rock." He thought so much about those rocks. He told me, "I hope I get a rock." So at one house I snuck one into his bucket as he was walking up to ring the doorbell. When he walked away, he looked down and saw it, then picked it up and looked at it for a moment, wearing a shocked grin. He said, "I have a rock! I got a rock!" We laughed so hard. He is pretty proud of that rock.


At one house, we found this on the front porch:


I love our neighborhood.





.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How sweet to see siblings trick or treating together, so cute! Great idea with the rock too :D