Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Tree Is Decorated

We put the tree up this week! When I'm not stressed to the max about travel and gift buying and wrapping and baking, I love all the cozy things that Christmas brings. One of my very favorite things to do is sit on the couch with my feet up on the footstool, sip a hot beverage, and have both the lit fireplace and the glowing Christmas tree in my sight. Frequently this is interrupted by a waking baby or a 6 year old who can't get to sleep, but the moments I steal in between fill me up.




My right hand is awkwardly covering up a hole in my jeans.

Today we visited Santa. My daughter didn't want to sit on his lap, so we took a family shot so that she could have a picture and feel more comfortable. She did take a candy cane from him though.


My son told me he didn't feel nervous at all this year. He also said, "I hope Santa retires someday, because I want to be Santa when I grow up."



.

1 comment:

Myssie said...

your kids are so darn cute!! Love the family picture with Santa!