Friday, March 19, 2010

Florida!

Hello! We are back from our Florida vacation. I have 2 mountains of laundry, one clean and one dirty. Before I scale them though, I wanted to tell you a little about our trip. Beware, I'm about to share way too many pictures.


Froggy always comes along.

First flight ever, intrigued

We left Friday. We got to the airport at 12:30, and our final flight was supposed to arrive in Orlando around 7:00. To make a long story short, due to the weather both of our flights were delayed and we arrived in our hotel room at 4 in the morning! Gah! Exhaustion!

Yes, exhaustion is the right word.


Saturday was supposed to be a Disney day, but since we slept in, we decided to relax at the beach instead. I wanted to combine this day with a trip to Weeki Wachee to canoe and see the manatees, but because we got such a late start there wasn't time.

Here we are, tired but on our way to the beach!

First look at the ocean



Sitting in their holes


I found this "rock"in the water. My guy bravely picked it up.


This is what we saw when he turned it over! Cool!


The next day was the Magic Kingdom. It was so sunny and bright and such a fun time.




The next day we went the the Animal Kingdom. Our friend Tabitha treated us, and was very generous our whole trip. She had Walter's face painted like a cheetah:



We saw a Lion King show that had acrobatics and really neat live action:
This was Walter's favorite thing of the day.

We also saw a Nemo musical:


We also went on a safari to see some animals, rode a few rides, and played some carnival games.


The next day was Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Again, Tabitha joined us and we saw many fun things. Here are some pictures from that day.


They both really adored this miniature village. They could have stayed here for hours.
After the fireworks at Epcot, Walter was terribly sad that Disney was over. He sobbed and said, "I'm so not done with Disney!" He is so much like me in that way. We are both sentimental.


But the next day we went to Kennedy Space Center, and he said that it was the best day of his life.




We ate at a Mexican restaurant where he found a chip shaped like Indiana.


On the drive home, we had to stop and wait for a peacock to cross the road.


May I just pause here to talk about the wildlife in Florida? It was spectacular! Here is the wild creature count:
-1 sea snail (?)
-1 peacock
-4 alligators in ditches alongside the road
-1 armadillo
-3 deer
-1 bunny


The last day we just had a couple of hours to swim and then pack.



We arrived back in Indiana tired, but happy.



I don't have a picture of it, but one thing I really enjoyed was that Walter and I would stay up and watch movies after the others were asleep. It was nice to have that time with him, with Sylvia and my husband snoozing beside us.




.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Good Lord! It hardly seems like you had time to get to the airport and back and you did all of that? Wow! I'm impressed. I'm glad Florida did you right. Were the armadillos you saw dead or alive? I am not sure what your "sea snail" is but it's a mollusk of some sort.
Well, welcome home, and next time you WILL get to Weeki Watchee.

Joany said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the photos. We're going on a short trip to KS next weekend and Jilly will get to swim for the first time! I'm so excited!

Stacia said...

Those sand holes look so warm and toasty! (And alligators lurking in ditches? Eek!) Glad you had such a fun trip.

Corinne said...

Looks like so much fun!!
(and I just picked up that green/polkadot swim suit for Paige last week! It's adorable!!)
Welcome home :)

Jamie said...

Looks like so much fun! I always feel like Bee when I am Disney, that last day is so sad. I never want to leave because it is so happy and carefree! Glad it was a wonderful trip for you!

Drama Queen said...

What a "small world"! We were in Disney last week, as well - in fact, if I am reading your blog right, you were at Animal Kingdom perhaps on Sunday, the 14th? We were, too! And besides the rain on the 12th, it turned out to be a gorgeous week of weather!

Love the photos - and your comments...I'm like you. I need a vacation from the vacation!

Sherri