Sunday, May 30, 2010

Camping!

We spent Friday and Saturday camping at Raccoon lake. I love camping, it is so relaxing for me, with no laundry or phone and the kids have so much to do outside in a new place.



We spent some time at the lake.

This big kid kind of amazed me with his water bravery. He went in up to his neck. It was our first beach trip where he was more interested in the water than the sand.


This girl laughed her head off in the water. She wanted me to hold her hands so she dangled in the water and kicked her legs. She kept saying, "Let go!" but of course I couldn't.

beach hair


We got home late last night. The drive was chaotic, but the kind of chaos I love. The kids were laughing and arguing, we had to stop a hundred times so Goose could pee in the grass, and my guy and I kept stopping and taking pictures of landmarks we recognized.

Here is the little church I attended as a child. Lots of Christmas plays and vacation bible schools brought me joy here.


But we cranked down the windows and made it home. The kids were practically flying on that wind.



I really love family gatherings. Hanging out and talking with my people is so easy, so natural.

.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh how I miss Union Chappel! Those were good days weren't they Lora? I know what you mean about being nervous about how others close to you, especially family, will percieve your parenting choices. It's so hard for others to get SPD if they don't live it day to day and they just can't understand why we do what we do sometimes. That can lead to some strained relationships sometimes. I'm glad you are doing well at relaxing about it. I'm not good at that at all.
Nat

Ms. Moon said...

I wish you more peace with this, Lora. I do. Your children are so obviously loved and beloved. As are you, I am certain.

Carol said...

We're camping at Raccoon for the first time in a couple of weeks.

I believe God gives us our special kiddos because He knows we will care for them and love them despite the challenges. He and Bee handpicked you! :)