Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Marveling

Today I am simply marveling.


How is it possible that I get to kiss these fluffy cheeks?



That I get to see the new discoveries...and watch him take pictures of clouds shaped like Mickey Mouse and teach her to play hide and seek?


Is it really true that I get to sniff their hair after they fall asleep?




I am in awe that I get to see the funny faces


and fairy dances.



How can it be so, that I get to wash the little arms, and watch them lick the bath water?

I'm feeling very grateful today. I'm feeling full, and rich in love, and lucky.


Sometimes the thought that I am responsible for these beautiful beings fills me with fear and doubt. But most of the time I just rub the stain remover on the grass stains, carry the extra jackets, rinse the toothbrushes, hang the drawings on the fridge, delight in the collected pine cones, kiss the ouches, and feel the burst of love in my heart.


.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You have it all. And you know it.

Karen said...

beautiful, beautiful post lora.

Lora said...

Thank you both, so much! I know that you both understand this feeling as well.