Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun Things

We had a stay-up-late get-up-early kind of weekend. In between we filled the time with fun things.

We went to a party and visited with friends from high school. I finished high school 14 years ago. What? That can't be true.

My kids got to go fishing for the first time! That was very exciting. My son caught two fish, and my daughter caught one.

He had wanted to do this for a long time.


His hands, learning how to reel.


Waiting her turn while her big brother fishes, pebbles in her shoes. She looks so tiny to me in this picture.



First catch! He caught it, but wouldn't touch it!


Patience.


She didn't have to wait long though, before she caught this one.


There was lots of food, and of course, some of these:


I love my husband's photography.


The next day we cleaned house, went swimming, and watched more fireworks.


Yesterday we went to my mother-in-law's house and lounged in her wading pool and ate cherries. She also had corn on the cob.





.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You have such a way with words, and your hubby has such a way with his pics. Makes for a great blog! So good to hang out with you guys. We shouldn't wait so long between visits this time! :-)