Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hug


I found this picture yesterday. It was taken at the end of May. Already his hair is longer and her dress is shorter. This picture captures such a tender moment, I get teary-eyed looking at it.


My girl has been sick with a fever the last 36 hours, but she woke up this morning feeling well again. I appreciate the slower pace of the day when one of the children is sick. Yesterday we pulled out all of our Busytown books--14 of them-- and read them all. Nests were made all over the house; whichever room we were in needed a spot for pillows and blankets.

Maybe today we'll pull out all the Dr. Seuss books.


.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sweetness.

Jamie said...

I just love reading your blog. The tenderness and love really shines through. It is soothing!

Corinne said...

That picture.... oh my word I'm melting.
Hope she feels better soon. But now and then I have to say I don't mind a fever or some sniffles if it means we get to stay in and nest for a bit :)

Karen said...

that picture gives me goosebumps. i love it so!