Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Raspberry Picking

Last Thursday I had a treasure of a day. I'm not sure I can adequately describe the peace of it. We went to an orchard and picked raspberries. My mom came along, and brought one of the kids' cousins.


The kids got right down to business picking berries.

I told him he was allowed to eat as many as he wanted, but
he must have been nervous about it, because he kept shakily
announcing, "I keep eating everything I put in my bucket!"


She was an expert picker. She preferred saying, "Holdie mama!" though.


This guy was a pretty talented picker too.




We had perfect weather. Breezy, warm, sunny, blue.


We took a break to eat snacks by the pond.


I love my mama.


We went out to lunch, and I snapped this picture which I think is just hilarious:



After lunch we went back to picking berries. The kids ran around and played, and mom and I talked across the rows. I felt very much like a pioneer, which appeals to me. It was so peaceful talking and searching for berries.


The kids played on the playground, and enjoyed apple cider slushies.



We spent a total of 6 hours there, picking and playing and chatting. I brought home 7 pounds of raspberries, and it only cost me $14.




.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a perfect day (other than the fact that I am deathly allergic to raspberries...lol)

Ms. Moon said...

How gorgeous. And picking berries is so calming. Sort of Zen-like activity.
Could that child be any cuter eating that chicken?
No.