Sunday, September 19, 2010

What?

In the car the other day, the following interaction occurred.

(My husband and I, sitting in the front chatting, missed the beginning of the kids' conversation.)

Him: Don't say what.

Her: What.

Him: I want to be the last one to say what.

Her: What.

Him: Don't say what!

Her: What. What. What.

Him: Mama, I want her to stop saying What. I want to be the last one to say it.

Me: Hmm

Him: (whispers very quietly) What.

Her: (also whispers) What.

Me: Maybe you could say it inside your mind, but not out loud.

Him: Quiet for a moment, apparently saying what inside his mind.

Him, to his sister: Haha, you don't know what I just said!

Her, very curious: What?


.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

It's like a Zen koan.

Amy said...

OMG, that's hilarious. Kids are the best!

Erin said...

I seriously Laughed at loud!!! AHHAHHHAAAA

Carol said...

Funny!