Friday, October 1, 2010

He is Seven

Today my little guy turned seven years old. Seven sounds so much bigger than six, to me.


He used to be tiny.

Click here for the story of his birth.


But oh, he is a magnificent seven!

He's the kind of seven who makes me hearts using wire and a hammer and a zip tie.

Perfect gift for a mama? Yes.


He is brave and getting braver by the minute. He rides horses!

Now that's brave.


He loves Star Wars and sword fights and carpet farming. He loves pizza and camping and books.


Here we were minutes before we met our little guy.

We had no idea the treasure that he would be.


I am so proud of this kid. This funny, loving, genuine, special kid.



Happy birthday, kiddo!



.

9 comments:

Corinne said...

Happy Birthday to your 7 year old! :)

Ms. Moon said...

I just reread your birth story and saw my comment there. I can only repeat it. What a strong mama!
I know exactly how you felt.
And here he is- seven years old!
I have said it before and I will say it again- you are an amazing mother.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Bee! Just out of curiousity, why does he have a rope wrapped all around him in the last picture? Oh, and do we get to see pictures of the cake?
Natalie

Lora said...

Thanks Corinne!

Ms. Moon, thank you thank you, what a wonderful thing for you to say! I am beaming.

Natalie, the party is on Sunday, so I'm in full cake-baking mode. I'll post pictures next week. About the rope: We were at a birthday party with a tug-of-war. He loved that, and later asked us to tie him up. We wrapped it around him, which he enjoyed. :-)

Joany said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet and smart little guy. I sure do love him!

Bev Johnston said...

What a sweet boy!!! I can't believe he's 7!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet boy!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Kuttappi said...

your blog always inspired me as a mom.
keep posting more frequently