Saturday, October 16, 2010

This Year's Pumpkining

We went to the orchard, which is one of my favorite places of all, especially when the weather is this good.

Thank goodness my husband was along to snap great shots like this one!


He always has such a hard time choosing a pumpkin. He was
having extra trouble deciding this year, so we got
both of the big pumpkins above. I got to carve one!


She found this one, and immediately knew it was hers.


She's extremely satisfied with it.


There is a playground, and slides are still her favorite.


He likes them too.


The orchard we visit has an awesome food stand. We decided to buy a bunch of stuff and share it. Not pictured are the delicious apple cider slushies.

How much would you guess this cost? $12! For all of it!


Next we went apple picking. Which quickly devolved into throwing rotten apples against tree trunks and watching them explode, but things started out very nicely.

He got a kick out of the picker stick thingy.





Okay, so here's where we started throwing rotten apples.
She had just smashed one against a tree. This is her, "I did it!" pose.


We went to the pond. Perfection. Photo by my husband, of course.


There were just a few raspberries left on the bushes, so I
picked a handful for the kids.


This fall has felt so rich to me, so very luscious. We have done a lot of fun things, little day trips and outings, and it is all filling up my well. I'm breathing it in and swallowing it down and eating it up. I wish I could keep this time here forever, but of course I cannot, and so I will allow it to go on. But I will try to keep it inside myself, and when I am very still and close my eyes I can feel it all around me.



.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

As always, the beauty I find here makes my heart happy.
Happy Fall, Lora. Happy Fall.

Malissa said...

Oh, how I know how you feel Lora!!! Keep doing what you're doing and savor every moment!!! ♥