Monday, November 1, 2010

Pair of Dice = Paradise

Usually I buy the halloween costumes, but this year I decided to make them. I have to say, homemade is the way to go. It was free! Well, only pennies anyway, and all stuff we had lying around. Also, people really love to see homemade costumes, and that means I got to hear about how cute they were, and let's face it, we all need a little appreciation now and again.

Without further ado, here they are, my pair of dice.

Look at the moldy pumpkins on the steps.


In fact, we went as a whole family of dice.

My husband said, "We live together, and we die together."


This guy wasn't feeling the greatest.


He managed to walk for about 2 hours of trick-or-treating before he got too tired. Usually he goes for all 3 hours. He did tell me that this is his favorite costume he's ever had.


This little girl was very excited. She kept us laughing. She said funny things like, "I only need one more candy." and "Hold my hand because these steps are really tricky."



At this house they each got a packet of hot cocoa mix, which was a big hit.
It was the first thing they wanted when they got home.


I love our little version of Halloween celebration. I love how the 4 of us go out together and walk all over our neighborhood and then come home and watch The Great Pumpkin while we stuff our faces. I know that's what many families do, but it feels so intimate to me, so cozy.

Paradise indeed.



.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Oh, Lora. Such sweetness.

Erin said...

The cutest dice ever!

sarahssweeties said...

That's cute! They look like they had such fun!

Life As I Know It said...

Love it! Homemade costumes are the best!

Joany said...

Oooh, I wanna give out hot cocoa from now on!

Carol said...

Love the costumes! And great idea of hot cocoa! Your posts always feel so cozy and like home to me.

Lora said...

Awwww! Love the homemade costumes! I have never made any, maybe next year we will give it a shot.