Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sentimental Tree

We decorated our Christmas tree at the end of November. As usual, I've been thoroughly enjoying it. We've done schoolwork beside it several times. I love to sit on the couch in the evenings with the fire blazing, the tree glowing, and a mug of hot tea in my hands.


The older he gets, the more helpful he becomes!


This was pre-yellow pajamas.
She very carefully hung about 6 ornaments on one branch.


I love our tree. Nearly every ornament is handmade or was given to us as a gift. Some are over 30 years old. Don't get me wrong, I think designer trees can be very beautiful. But I love the personality of our tree. The glittered pasta star Bee made, the angel that my 2nd grade teacher gave me, the santa that my husband played with as a child, Goose's wooden ornament that she painted so fiercely that the paint is nearly thicker than the wood. Those things are the things that make a good tree, a hug-able tree.





.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Perfect! And I hang tiny little shoes that my children wore on my tree. Why not?

Life As I Know It said...

Beautiful!
We just decorated ours last night. So fun to take out each ornament and remember where it came from. I especially love all the ones the kids made.

Erin said...

I was thinking this exact thing as I looked at our tree this morning. We only put it up last night! K thinks its all right...but the cats love it.

Carol said...

I totally agree. Every ornament on our tree has such sentimental value. In fact, since our honeymoon, we've tried to buy an ornament on each vacation, too.