Friday, February 11, 2011

Books That Make Me Shake

I love to read.

I love immersing myself in characters and situations and stories.

There are three books that have caused me to shake. Granted, I have a fairly weak constitution and anticipation affects me this way on a regular basis, but books don't usually give me the shakes. And trust me, it's a good thing to get these kind of shakes. It's a sign I'm totally inside the book.

Here are my three:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I think I've mentioned this book series before on here. But seriously, wow. The first book had me quaking and it just really affected me emotionally as well as physically.

2. Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. Dear God. that's all I can say about this book. I recommend reading the book without reading what it's about, because that's how I read it, and it just shook me to my core--literally.

3. Room by Emma Donoghue. Intense. Very, very intense.


So now tell me yours. What books completely captured your mind and made you shake and cry and that you will never forget?



.

5 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

I like Every Last One, too...haven't read Room (yet). I was hesitant to pick it up because I have a hard time reading about bad things happening to kids, but everyone is raving about it...so, maybe I should.

Natalie said...

The Shack. As a mother it's very hard to read, but it definitely gives you something to think about.
Natalie

PS. I could say more, but I don't want to spoil it in case you want to read it, which I highly recommend you do!

Laura said...

The entire Hunger Games trilogy had me holding my breath without even realizing and doing almost nothing but reading whenever I had a second of downtime. It has been a very long time since I have been that enraptured with any book. I will have to add the second book to my reading list. I received Room as a gift from my sister and it had me at the edge of my seat as well. I, too, am a voracious reader and I'm always looking for recommendations. Thank you for sharing!

Laura

Joany said...

Oooh - great question! It's been quite a while since I read anything that really captured me like that. Right now, I'm "enjoying" _The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers_. It's about time I read something fun and entertaining!

Life from the Hood said...

room is amazing everyone should read it