Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stray

Last fall, we noticed a black and white kitten in our front yard. He was friendly, though a little too skittish for us to pick him up. He came back several times and sat on our porch, letting us pet him and turning up his nose at any food we offered him. Even pot roast.

We didn't see the cat all winter long, until last week when the weather got a little warmer. He came back, and has spent whole days hanging out with us.

He chased sticks and pine branches that the kids dangled in front of his paws.



He ate food we offered.

When we played frisbee and missed the catch, he would run to where the frisbee landed and pounce on it.

We brought balls out and rolled them across the grass for him to chase.

We sat outside and watched him chase leaves.


After a few days of this, he let us hold him. He wandered into the house, which we cannot allow anymore because my husband is allergic.

The kids call him Pine.


We found the place where he has been getting under the porch. I think he sleeps there.

It's been a cold, rainy mess this week, and we haven't seen him. But I think he's just hiding out under the porch, or in the neighborhood and I hope he will come back.

It's wonderful having a cat in my life again. Especially this one, because he can't puke on the fringe of my rug as our last cat was wont to do.


.

2 comments:

Joany said...

I'm so glad you have a cat in your life again too! The kids are going to have so much fun with this new friend.
Also, LOVE that cute ponytail!

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, he is beautiful!! I love your new furry friend!