Monday, April 11, 2011

The Party, The Rainbow Cakes

Yesterday we had a small crowd at our house to celebrate my girl turning 3. She had requested a rainbow party and of course I obliged her.



Her birthday was Saturday but her party was Sunday. This was made more confusing by the fact that I made her cakes Saturday morning, and we went to a friend's birthday party Saturday evening. She kept thinking it was her party. I'm not sure if we ever explained it sufficiently, but kids are pretty good at going with the flow and enjoying the moment.


This cake was chocolate. It was a bundt cake cut in half. Easy!


Waiting for everyone to gather to sing to her.


After we sang to her, I said, "Make a wish and blow out your candles."
She tucked her head close to mine and said, "I want you to."
So we did it together.


The tall white cake had a surprise inside. That was fun.
It was hard for me to keep it a secret, but I did.


The cake slices were huge, just the way I like them.


Presents! She got a lot of really great stuff.


We were lucky and the weather was great. The kids spent
most of the afternoon outside. That means the kids' room
did not get destroyed. Woo!




.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Oh wow, those cakes are genius! I was so puzzled by the rainbow one until you explained "bundt cake" - aha! So awesome :)

Ms. Moon said...

That may be the happiest cake I have ever seen.
More beauty at your place.
Love to all.

Anonymous said...

Goose is so adorable and lovely cakes..

Jessica said...

Oh I love this! We are doing a rainbow theme for my daughter's 2nd birthday in May, and I am doing a cake exactly like the white one that you did! LOVE IT!

swing by and visit me over at
http://sassysippycupsandstickysarcasm.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Those cakes are beautiful! You always make such fabulous cakes!
Nat

Lora said...

Great cakes! Looks like an amazing 3rd birthday!

molly said...

These look delicious! Thanks for the idea...and the Sugar Rush!

l.vanderkirk said...

I followed a "gps" trail from Sweet Sixteen: Earth Day Collection to your great post. Your Rainbow Cakes are amazing! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on being featured in the collection!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what number tip you used to frost the 3D rainbow cake? My DD wants me to duplicate it exactly for her rainbow birthday party on Sunday :) Thanks!

Jones Morris said...

Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts. fayetteville bakery