Friday, May 27, 2011

In Praise of a Niece

Aside from my own babies, she is the first human I witnessed being born into the world.


She had a tiny little body.



I have been so blessed to watch her grow.




She has learned to do so many things. She is super funny.




I've been lucky to be along for the ride for many of her experiences.



The above photo is how she looks most of the time these days. She is probably the happiest, most cheerful baby I have ever met. Even when she's grouchy, she seems cheerful, if that's possible.

She loves fiercely, she plays with exuberance, and her existence lights up my life.


.



3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I swear- she could be Owen's twin sister.

Karen said...

I love you little, K! And I am pulling for you and sending the bestest of light and energy.

Erin said...

Aww thanks. My special little angel.