Friday, July 8, 2011

Spin The Night

Here is a sweet picture of my kiddos with my dad.


My kids are lucky to have all the grandparents they do. They love them very much and all of them are so involved.

Tomorrow my son is going to my dad's house to spend the night. He did that for the first time when he was 3, and he thought I was saying, "Spin the night." He wondered if it would be like spinning inside a tornado. Yet, he was willing to go along with it, and was even excited. That's a pretty great level of trust and love.

It reminds me of when we went to Paris when he was 4. We went to the Eiffel Tower, and told him we were going to go up to the top. He asked if we could go only to the second level, because he was nervous about going all the way to the top. We told him that was fine. After we had that adventure and were safely back on the ground, he told us he had thought we were going to climb up the outside of the tower, as if it were a big jungle gym.



.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I love your babies. I just do.

Swistle said...

I remember reading Catherine Newman saying that in many ways, Birdy was just along for the ride---i.e., had NO IDEA what was going on. I think of that often with mine, especially the younger ones.

Erin said...

I still remember the story of our pop telling T to "get on the ball" and eat his breakfast they needed to get him to preschool on time. He was 3. His response was "you want me to sit on a ball?"