Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

The sound of rustling wrappers, Snoopy, and will you trade me your nerds for my gum?

Cold, stiff fingers make it hard to open chocolate bars.

"What does Starburst mean, anyway mama? It's not shaped like a star, but it is yellow." -Sylvie

My favorite Halloween tradition is that my husband sneaks a rock into the kids' candy buckets. When we get home, we turn on It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and they sort through their loot. Usually around the time in the show when Charlie Brown keeps getting rocks, they notice their own rocks. There is much shouting and laughing and pretend indignation. Bee says, "Who keeps giving us rocks! It's probably somebody who gives out a handful of candy, and the rock is hidden inside."

I'm off to rejoin the sugar feast.



My son wore that bee costume when he was just 2 years old.
She wanted
to try it out for the night.


.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

My kingdom for a Reese's peanut butter cup! Please eat one for me.