Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Someday, Today

Today I won't mind that...

...My front porch is lined with bikes and chalk and frisbees.

...I swept up a lego and had to dig it out of the vacuum dirt.

...The miniature sized laundry is backed up to an extreme degree.

...The jack-o-lanterns on the stoop will rot and turn to mush before my sensitive child can let go and throw them away.

...There is bickering amongst the wee ones, over things I never imagined debatable. (He stole your imaginary baby? Really? Uh, just imagine that he didn't?)



Because Someday...

...I won't have an extra pair of 3T underwear tucked in the zip pocket of my purse.

...Lego structures won't line my mantle.

...My table centerpiece won't be a painted pumpkin and a toilet paper tube candlestick.

...Tiny, still pudgy hands won't grab my face and I won't feel a whisper I love you mama in my ear.

...I won't hear the stop-and-start reading as my child puts the story together.

...I won't be awakened by a small warm body climbing onto my pillow.

...There won't be miniature socks and pajamas to fold.

...Young eyes won't show me rocks and trees and ants in a new way.

...I won't be asked to put in a ponytail or tie on a cape.


I could go on and on. I'm feeling really grateful and content and trying to soak it all up.


.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I am very weepy today and this got me going again.
I am SO glad you know all that you know. You are wise and careful in your love.

Anonymous said...

This is a very touching article. I have a toddler and think of the same daily.

Erin said...

Beautiful Lora!!! So beautifully written!!!!