Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sprinkler

She asked if we could get out her slip-n-slide.  She doesn't use the sliding part, but she loves the sprinklers on the side.



I put on my suit, and thought I'd join her.  But then I saw there were at least 20 spiders crawling on the sliding part of her slip-n-slide.  Ugh.  The grass is teeming with spiders due to our mild winter and so I just watched from the safety of the deck.  Yes, I grew up on a farm and I used to swim in a creek with snakes and play in a hayloft shared with pigeons and spiders.  I don't know what happened, but I do not run in the grass with spiders nowadays.  I don't want to transfer my fear to her though, so when she casually mentioned that she had a spider on her leg, I calmly said, "Just brush it off."  She did.

Here's a cute video of her running.  She's saying, "This is so much fun!" and variants thereof.

video


I love afternoons like this.


.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

You know, I'm not sure but I think SHE WAS HAVING FUN!!!!