Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day in Third Grade

Today I became a third grade teacher, as my son began his third grade year of homeschool.

This is a third grader.


We spread a blanket in the front yard under our big shade tree, to do some school work.

After school he took a bubble bath, went outside and found and inch worm to play with, and later a friend came over.  I think that counts as a pretty good first day! 



Here are two kids snuggling on a blanket while I read about leaves and carbon dioxide.



The further into schooling I get, the easier it becomes.  Perhaps because the hard part isn't so much in the teaching, but in accepting things the way they are and working within that frame.


.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I love how this works for you! It's so perfectly reasonable.