Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthday Roundup

It feels like we spent ages celebrating our boy turning 9, and that's a good thing.  I like a birthday that lingers.

First he had 4 boys over to stay the night.  This was my first time hosting a sleepover for more than one child.  It was so fun, smelly, hilarious, messy, and awesome.  Growing boys eat a ton, and I spent most of my time preparing food and cleaning up after it.

Lego cupcakes

There was no shortage of balloons.

Funny faces

Happiness

Next came the day of his actual birthday.  At tae kwon do, this happened:



At home we had peach crisp for dessert. 

Then this past weekend we celebrated with a family dinner.  He wanted Harry Potter cakes.  I tried my best.

Hagrid's Hut cake, next to his Lego Hagrid's Hut.

Monster Book of Monsters


Broomsticks

I also made butterbeer, and some Hedwig balloons.  He played outside with cousins and aside from his sister feeling sick, it was a wonderful day.  He had one friend stay the night after all the family left. 

Since turning 9, he's been getting up early and taking a shower first thing.  He gets dressed all the way down to his shoes.  I'm not sure, but I think 9 is going to be a pretty cool year.


.

No comments: