Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tipi

We did a fun thing. 

We went camping in a primitive tipi!  (That's how the ranch spelled it, so that's how I'm spelling it.)


It was 20 feet in diameter at the bottom.




It felt really surreal and different.  We did a lot of pretending that we were in a tribe.  It was so fun!  But you guys, when you're the grown-up, camping is hard.  It really made me thankful for all the comforts back at home.   We didn't mind the rain, because we liked the sound it made when it hit the tipi.  But it was cold.  So cold. 








We kept the fire going all night, which was a dream of mine:  to sleep right by a campfire.  


Here I am reading in the firelight.  I slept in my jacket.  We didn't get warm for two days after we got home.




It was a wonderful life experience and I'm so glad we did it. My memories are already adding a little shine to the actual experience. 



.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Everywhere I look today seems to have the theme of balance. Even the dream of living in a tipi for a weekend must be balanced by the reality of it.
What a good thing to have done! For so many reasons.

Lora said...

Exactly, Ms. Moon. I'm so glad we did it, and it was challenging and hard and in that way, perfect.